Thursday, February 23, 2006

Coby Two Jabs

Coby had an appointment yesterday for his second lot of immunisations. Typically, he was fast asleep when we arrived at the surgery and I had to wake him up. Never wake a sleeping baby - isn't that the old saying? Very wise words because even before the first needle hit his leg, he was not a happy boy. The nurse had to help me do up the poppers on his dungarees afterwards because he was kicking and crying so much. Back home, I pulled the car into the drive and decided to take him for a quick stroll in the pushchair to calm him down. I think the shock of the cold alone stunned him into silence. And, battling the icy wind, we got as far as the end of our road before I raised the white flag, admitted defeat, turned around and practically ran back to the house. Inside we lit the fire and snuggled up and Coby was soon smiling and giggling again.

Before...
And after....

No comments: