Thursday, February 23, 2006

Future Olympian

Here we have Coby in training for the 2012 Olympic Games...this will be his floor routine in the Gymnastics category, or maybe he's practising his breast-stroke here...

Like most proud mum's, I've been keeping a baby book updated with information about Coby's birth and one of the pages suggests listing all of the world events that happened in the year he was born. It was great being able to say that London won the Olympic bid on 6 July. Sadly, the following day over-shadowed the celebrations. Most of you are probably aware that my husband and I travelled the same route on the Piccadilly Line into Kings Cross to get to work and may have been on that train around the time the bomb went off near Russell Square. We both ended up taking the day off at the last minute to attend a funeral, ironically. I often think about that day and how it may have affected us, especially as I was five months pregnant at the time. Coby is my guardian angel and I his!

No comments: