Saturday, February 10, 2007

Why Walk When I Can Crawl?

So Coby is almost there! He has taken a maximum of eight steps unsupported and completely free standing, but thats his limit. The latest efforts involve encouraging him to walk to me and he seems to understand when we say 'stand up Coby' while supporting this with hand gestures. He then smiles and looks at me as if to say "I can do this mummy - here I go" and sure enough he plods over with his arms outstretched, collapsing in my arms and laughing with so much excitement and pride.

Next comes the confidence. I also suspect, as many people have told me, that boys are lazier than girls - really? Not my boy! He'll be walking all over the place by the end of the week - a post complimented with a photo of evidence will appear on Friday - honest.

Hopefully...

Maybe...

Perhaps...

We'll see...

Coby?

No comments: