Thursday, April 09, 2009

Lost Without

Coby has been staying with nanny and grandad since Sunday. At first, honestly, the house was lovely: quiet, tidy, no interruptions, time to think and just TIME. However, we are driving up tomorrow to collect him and WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

We've missed him sooooo much! I changed his room around today and cleaned and tidied in anticipation of him being back in his little nest on Saturday. During my epic room renovation, I came across photo albums and everything of Coby's that I've collected since his birth: new baby cards, 1st, 2nd and 3rd birthday cards, albums, baby record books, weight and height measurements and even his hospital bracelet that says 'male, infant Tepper born 16/11/05 0835hr, mother, Sarah'.

I read through one of his record books and remembered some of the events in the year he was born: Live 8 in Hyde Park, Tony Blair won the election, earthquake in India, Hurricane Katrina, George Best died, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was published, Prince of Wales married Camilla Parker Bowles, terrorist bombs in London and London won the 2012 Olympic bid.

A friendship card from Jasmine:

'To Coby, I just wanted to give you a friendship card on your special occasion today. I love our Wednesday afternoons together - I hope we'll be friends for years. Love and kisses, Jasmine x'

And the ton of cards we received at the time of his birth including several that simply say 'May he bring you joy'.

That he does!

No comments: