Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Balance of Life

Some sad news but also some happy news this week for the family. Sadly, Coby's great grandmother and my grandmother passed away last Sunday at the grand old age of 93 and my Uncle Charlie died three days before that after a long illness - he was 74. My grandmother was difficult for the last 5-10 years and our relationship suffered, mainly due to her dementia, but I have lovely memories of my childhood with her. The fondest being her love of Guinness and banging the end of the bottle to 'catch every last drop' she would say. And looking out for her mop of brilliant white hair, freshly lacquered from the hairdresser as she peered in at the school gates to bring me sweets and all my school friends dancing around shouting 'Sarah, your nan is here' in the hope they would get some sweets too!

On a happier note our good friends Darren and Beverley welcomed their daughter to the world on Tuesday morning. Paige Addison weighed in at 6lbs 13oz - many congratulations guys! And auntie Lorraine has returned from New Zealand - hoorah! The imminent arrival of her first grandchild sealed the deal - another baby on the horizon - we can't wait!

No comments: