Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dance Me To The End Of Love

Was out on a boys night tonight with the work gang. Am a tad (ahem) drunk. Obligatory curry...always a regretful experience.

Perhaps this will be the last time I do this kind of thing without being a responsible father, clearly a different proposition to going out with just me and Mrs H to care for.

Mrs H texted me earlier to say she had fallen up the stairs having missed a step or two and that she had strained herself and the bump. Well when I got the text I cannot tell you how I felt. Desperate. Worried. Concerned. In love more than ever before. Hard to say. Wanted to race home but was told not to worry. Yeah right.

Just got in...she is sleeping soundly. Gave her a kiss. Checked she was ok. Feel better. Relief. Like never before.

On the way up the driveway earlier I could not help but notice how starry the winter sky was. Amazing to behold. Of course I do not have the entire universe on my shoulders. But you know what...the weight of a family seems enough.

No comments: