Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tuesday's Suck!

For some reason I do not like Tuesday's. Monday's no problem, but Tuesday's bother me. Today I'm on a bit of a downer. I'm feeling sorry for myself but I know exactly why.

I have been dropping Mr H at the train station each morning and he likes to catch the 7.30 train into London. I don't mind because I'm usually awake by 6.30 but the last few days my ankles have been quite swollen and uncomfortable. My legs are the same size all the way down from thigh to ankle (ok, slight exageration, but they do look a little out of proportion). I also have constant pins and needles in my fingers, so I told Mr H he should take the car today and I can have a complete rest. So what do I do?

I go back to bed! Big, big mistake!

I woke up at 11a.m and had a headache. I consoled myself with a whole box of Chocolate Fingers. Yes, the whole box! I like to bite the ends off and sip my tea through them like a straw. This melts the chocolate inside and makes them all soft and yummy. I got kind of carried away and before I knew it, the packet was empty (I'm sure you only get about ten in a box these days). Anyway, chocolate does not cure a headache - it makes it worse. It's all very well justifying my actions by telling myself "well I AM nine months pregnant", but a whole box?????

Well I guess the only thing to do is have a nice bubble bath, pop on one of my favourite films and have a good old cup of tea which I'll make in a giant mug just like they use in Central Perk in 'Friends'.

I think the waiting game is beginning to take its toll. A major life changing event is about to happen, but when? What day? What time? Will I be on my own? Will my husband be lucky and be around when it all kicks off? Will my waters break in public? Will I have a long labour? Do I have days or weeks still? The anxiety is unbearable some days, but the answers will soon be evident and the anxiety overshadowed by immense elation and joy. Teplet, when will we finally meet?

1 comment:

City Hippy said...

Ah you are a star babe...will get cycling soon promise. Nearly there I reckon...another few practice runs and no more driving which is better all round of course. Planet, money and health!

Teplet will be here soon enough I am sure.