Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Maternity Leave

Well I'm four weeks into maternity leave now and I have found that time has passed very quickly.
I've been slightly bored at times, but it's been a pleasure to rest more than anything and not have to endure the daily commute into central London.

My grand plans to paint, read and catch up with movies has been tampered by the discovery that my concentration is virtually at zero. I feel restless most of the day and wander from room to room wondering what I can do next that will really keep me occupied for at least an hour. I love to read and I love watching films, but absolutely nothing grabs my attention at the moment. We have an abundance of books in our house, the spare room looks like a library and as for our DVD collection, well we're starting to charge friends now who seem to leave these days clutching at least one from the shelf.

I guess the anticipation of meeting Teplet has kicked in and the anxiety experienced wondering how the labour and birth will go and if baby will be ok only add to this feeling of restlessness.

As for the housework, painting, gardening etc - physical incapability puts a stop to any of that.

This week I thought I would do some baking. I found a fabulous farmhouse cookbook with lots of wonderful recipes for hearty winter food - stews, puddings, pies yum yum. Now my appetite is waining and I don't even have the energy to weigh out the ingredients, let alone go to the supermarket to buy them in the first place. Oh woe is me!

Back to the pelvic floor exercises then! Followed by another cup of tea and an episode of Neighbours!

1 comment:

City Hippy said...

I know bubs...must be so hard...and it's all my fault...

MWAH