Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mother's Meeting

Just got back from meeting my friends from antenatal class. There are six of us in total, but only four today as the first of us gave birth last Tuesday and another was unable to make it. Both were with us in spirit though and we all exchanged knowing glances that there could even be less of us next time.

We meet at the same cafe and I love to clock the look on the faces of the staff as four heavily, heavily pregnant women waddle in. As we left today we booked a table for the same time next week and I joked "you may want to get some towels and hot water ready". The guy behind the bar laughed nervously, but I could see he was thinking "yeah, not on my shift lady".

Today, I had Smoked Toulouse Sausages with caramelised onions and herb mash in a red wine sauce followed by the most delicious chocolate fondue with warm chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream. The girls all had the same dessert and as I looked around at us all indulging before the pregnancy excuse becomes a thing of the past, I just knew that we're all going to be friends for a long time to come!

No comments: