Sunday, November 06, 2005

Remember, remember the 5th of November!

Saturday 5th November was an important date for two reasons. This was Teplet's original due date before the twelve week scan revealed otherwise. Even so, Teplet is due to arrive three weeks today!! And of course, not only is it Guy Fawkes Night, but the 400th anniversary too.

Well, its now Sunday morning and the 5th of November came and went with no indication from Teplet that he/she is ready to say hello just yet. Despite an evening of constant loud explosions and a meal to make my now two inches in diameter stomach fit to burst!

Now, I'm at the stage where I'm inclined to stay as close to home as possible. Having said this we risked the journey down the A1 (M) to our friends in Borehamwood. They took us to a magnificent local firework display, the first I've been to in a long, long time. I felt slightly vulernable walking among the crowds of people who had flocked there but Mr H clutched my hand firmly the whole time and our friends walked behind us to 'cover me from the rear'. I felt perfectly safe but was relieved when we finally got back to the car afterwards.

Back at friends, they had laid on a beautiful, winter-warming meal of tomato soup with cream, jacket potatoes with beans, cheese and tuna, sausages, onions and warm bread rolls and, if we were in any doubt about the state of our arteries, chocolate bread and butter pudding for dessert! Carb City we all agreed, but just what you need on a chilly Bonfire Night.

No comments: